Saturday, July 21, 2012

One word..FABRIC! :)

I wanted to post a few more pictures of the progress I'm making in my classroom decor! I've gone in here and there for the past couple of days and I wanted to share a fun tip if you didn't know about it, you can start doing it!

Have a dingy desk? A drab filing cabinet? Want to make those extra desks in your classroom into a cute usable "table?" One word, FABRIC! I get my fabric at our local Mardens where you can buy the fabric .99 a yard or 1.99 a yard.
Don't mind my clutter, this desk was just a normal brown desk. I considered it just there, it didn't make a statement! Well, the easiest solution is to get some fabric of your choice, trim it to the correct length and width, and tack up with upholstery nails.
I chose these white nails so they blended with the fabric. :)

Another use of fabric in the classroom. If you have a filing cabinet that isn't in the best shape and some of the paint is chipped, or it just looks dingy, make a runner with the fabric and run it along the top! Instantly brightens up the classroom!
Whenever I have extra desks in the classroom, I create a table cloth with the fabric and drape it across the desk I have to create a more usable table! Perfect! :)

I hope this little post about the use of fabric has been helpful! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment