I had two small bulletin boards right next to one another so I made it into one large bulletin board! :)
Love the border :)
So, with some measuring, and drawing, we (my awesome mother) and I created the gumball machine. I chose to laminate the red parts of the machine and just leave the white part. We actually had to double the white part so the blue bulletin board paper wouldn't show through. It looks like a more solid white now!
I then created a circle template on my computer, copied many different colored copies on various colors of construction paper, and wrote all of my students names on them. I included myself and my wonderful Ed Tech. After all, we are all one big family. :) I then laminated the "gumballs" to make them shiny!
A tip that everyone should know, is to TACK up your display before you get the stapler out. If something is a little off, it's easier to move when all you have to do is pull a tack up. Once you have everything just right, get the stapler out and just staple away! :)
I'll post later when I have the whole thing completed, I was just too excited to wait. :) I love it!!
A few things I still need to do:
1. Finish bulletin boards
2. Create new book box labels (for each student).
3. Create name labels for desks.
4. Go through my curriculum a bit more.
5. Choose a beginning of the year whole class reading book. (any suggestions)?
6. And so much more I'm sure..I'm not too stressed about it though. :)
One last thing I'm really excited about. My brand new faux leather PINK desk chair. I'm calling it the princess chair. Too much? :) Nahh. I really needed a new chair and found this one at Staples. I walked in, sat in it, and instantly knew, it was mine. It is now happily sitting at my desk. I miss it already. I look forward to having a wonderful year with it.
Well, Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you've enjoyed. Thanks to all the new people that have begun following me!!






Thanks for linking up to my linky party! Your bulletin board is absolutely adorable!
ReplyDelete~Lorraine
Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies
Thanks Lorraine! Love the linky parties! :)
DeleteThanks for visiting my blog! Yay for 5th grade teachers! I absolutely love your gumball bulletin board. I wish I knew who was in my class so I could get started on stuff like that, but we don't get our class list until the middle of August.
ReplyDeleteThank you!! Wow, we find ours out on the last day of school.
DeleteLove the big gumball machine! Cute.
ReplyDeleteYearn to Learn Blog
Thank you! I just became your newest follower! :)
DeleteWhat a cute bulletin board. You could even get real gumballs and give them to the kiddos when they do a kind or helpful act that blows you away. =)
ReplyDeleteYour blog design is very cute! I love the name of your blog and it reminds me of what I have at the top of my blog "before you reach their heads, you have to touch their hearts.
I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)
Heather
Heather's Heart
Your gumball machine is so cool! I am also going to have to get one of those chairs - so cute!
ReplyDeleteSara :)
Smiling In Second Grade
Thanks Sarah! I'm your newest follower! Thanks for stopping by! :)
DeleteThat gum ball machine is soooo cute! I'm going to attempt to make it as I'm not all the crafty:)
ReplyDeleteLauren