Sunday, July 29, 2012

Linky Party!

I have to admit, I've been an absolute sucker for these linky parties, but I can't resist, they are so fun and a great way for newbie bloggers like me to link up with others! I really enjoyed this one because everyone can get to know one another better! Yes we are teachers...but what else makes us..US? Well, Amy at Step Into 2nd is having a great linky party. Check her blog out here: 




So get to know me a little bit better..:)




1. I'm from the beautiful state of Maine. I'm from rural Maine and I absolutely love it here. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I love being in the outdoors and getting my hands dirty. I love camping, kayaking, and gardening! Yes, I have moose in my backyard...it's really no big deal.


2. I am engaged to my best friend, Jason. Jason and I have been together for a little over 3 years now. Jason proposed to me in March and surprised me at school! He always told me he would surprise me and catch me completely off guard. Jason is a State Trooper and in the Marine Corps. He was in Afghanistan for a year and returned in February! It was a tough year without him, but we did it!
 My sister and I at the homecoming waiting for Jason!
 Jason and I! We haven't seen each other for a year. Really happy!
 Jason with his fellow Troopers. :)
My ring! Exactly what I wanted. :)

3. Jason and I have two dogs together. Timber and Boone. They are our "boys" as we call them! Timber is a German Shepard and Boone is a Yellow Lab. Boone is 2, Timber is about 5. 
 Boone when he was just a little puppy!
 Now he's all grown up!
Timber, he is the keeper of all bones and toys...he has sharing issues.

4. My sister is my best friend. My sister Hillary is about 3 years younger than me. She is WAY different than me, but we balance each other out quite nicely. We sometimes still bicker but we do it with love, of course. I can't imagine my life without the love of a sister. She is something special.
 Hill and I in front of my house a couple summers ago. Timber is pretty happy!
My sister got this tattoo on her upper back...enough said. :)
My mom..she's also my best friend. We can have more than one. :) 

5. I love to READ. I am a book worm. I'm a series reader, meaning, I get absolutely obsessed with characters and all I want to do is continue to read their journey. Series I love include: Fifty Shades of Grey, The Hunger Games, Twilight (YES!), Harry Potter, and Matched. I also love other books..these are just a few favorites! :) 
6. I graduated from the University of Maine at Farmington. One of the best experiences ever, I loved it and wish I could still go back somedays (not because I don't love what I do..I just love going to school and miss taking classes) which is why I'm looking into starting my masters degree courses!
My Sister, Mom, and Dad!

Alright, 6 is enough. I hope you've enjoyed!



5 comments:

  1. I think I would like to visit Maine someday. It looks so beautiful and peaceful!! :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! thanks for the blog award you gave me I really appreciate it. I loved reading about you. I visited Old Orchard Beach a few summers ago with my daughter, we loved it. We grabbed an Amtrak train one morning, that took us right into Boston, which I also loved:) Plus your dogs are beautiful!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your so welcome! Yes Old Orchard is great! Popham beach is gorgeous too if you ever come back!! Thanks for following and visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Maine! If it wasn't so far away from my family, I'd totally move there! My family has vacationed in Winter Harbor a few times, but a couple weeks at a time isn't enough for me! It's gorgeous!

    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete