Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I have discovered...

I'm getting excited because I've hired Honey Bunch Blog Designs to design my blog as well as my classroom website! I can't wait to see what it's going to look like. :)

On another note, I have found myself twiddling my thumbs these past couple days. I have looked forward to having the summer "off" for a while now, considering every summer since I was 16 I've worked. Most recently I worked during my college years as a bank teller. Although it was a lot of fun, I couldn't wait to have a summer where I could move at my own pace, read, get caught up on things. Well, this past week I have felt so bored. Don't get me wrong, I keep myself busy. I have been working extremely hard in my classroom because I had to move rooms. I'm getting ready for a brand new curriculum, thinking about lessons, how I want to run my reading and writing workshops this year. There is plenty to do, yet at the same time I feel lost. I miss seeing my students, working with my colleagues, and spending time in my classroom. I almost feel "homesick" if that makes sense? "Schoolsick?" I'm probably the only one out there that feels like this on July 11, but hey..this is who I am. :)
On another note..something that has made me EXTREMELY happy...
After doing much research and trying to figure out how so many teachers make the most adorable worksheets and templates on TPT I finally figured it out. I feel as though I have discovered the lost ark or something. :) Two words my friends: "DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING." One word: "ADDICTING." Do you realize how long I have wondered how all of these teachers on TPT create the cutest worksheets? So obviously I've already bought a few things and I've started creating a few creations of my own.
I'm currently creating all new basket labels for my book baskets in my library. Last year I had a ton of cute owl decorations, therefore, I found some really cute owl packages as well as some other "brainy bird" packages. They are so adorable and add that extra omph I've been looking for.
Fun project, beautiful Wednesday morning, and a nice hot cup of coffee...life is good.
Happy Wednesday!
TTFN
-Larissa

No comments:

Post a Comment