Thursday, July 26, 2012

A few updates and random ramblings..and a new award!

Happy Thursday everyone! I've been a little busy this week. I had the opportunity to substitute for summer school. It was so much fun. I was able to work in the special ed classroom (which is what summer school mainly is here) and it was a nice change to do something different. I really enjoyed being back in a classroom, doing what I love.

I've also been busy trying to sell somethings on eBay. I'd like to make some extra cash selling a few of my Coachs and Dooneys. We shall see how that goes!  You can check them out here and bid if you're interested!
Dooney & Bourke Hobo Style Purse!
Dooney & Bourke Bucket Purse!
Coach Hobo Style Purse!

Here are a few things I worked on the other day when I went into school:
I have some fabulous book boxes for my students. Many people don't use these I've noticed in the upper grades, but I love them! I hate having my students stuff their nice books in their desks where they, unfortunately, get crumpled and ripped! I don't know about you, but my heart breaks when I see a brand new book I purchased for our library and the cover is all bent up. I bought these book boxes from Really Good Stuff last year. They are durable, colorful, and large enough to fit many notebooks and books! Last year I laminated little s'more looking labels (my theme last year was 'Camp Cayer!'). They were so cute, however, when I wrote the students' names on the s'mores they would eventually wipe off. I decided to create my own labels this year, perfect 3x3 squares on Pages and then copied them on card stock and laminate! Their names are typed this time, no more re-writing their names over and over again. I know this sounds like a simple thing, but it is such a time saver! Here they are:
I bought this little shelving unit last year at Walmart! It was so inexpensive and durable. To the left and right of the book boxes are other shelves I purchased at Walmart. They were 15 dollars and easy to assemble! They come in white, natural, and black! I would highly recommend them if you need more storage.
 Here is one close up! How cute? They fit great!

As you can see, I love owls. One of my mom's best friends (MARIE!!!) who I had a chance to substitute with this week surprised me today with this cute cup! How thoughtful, it really made my day:


I was so happy to see I now have 21 followers! How exciting? Thank you everyone who has decided to follow my blog! I'm also thrilled that I have been awarded a new blog award! 
The One Lovely Blog Award. Love it!

Thank you Vicky! You can check out her blog here: Keep Calm and Imagine

There are a few rules to receive this award:
~ Follow the person(s) who gave you the award. DONE!
~Link back to the person who gave you the award. DONE!
~Pass this award on to 15 new bloggers! 
(I will do this in my next post..because I need to find 15 new bloggers!!!) 

Well everyone, thank you for reading my very random Thursday post. I hope you all are having a wonderful week! 




5 comments:

  1. You're welcome! I love your shelves and book bins! They look great...:) The owl cup is just too cute! What a sweet friend! Stop by and visit soon...:)

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through the newbie hop and am your newest follower. I used to teach 5th, then moved down to 1st, and now I'm back up to 4th. I'd love it if you stopped by.:)
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you like the book boxes - My new school ordered each classroom a set and I was pretty sure that I would order another set so I would have one for each kid - no I know I will.

    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Yes, they are so great! You will not regret it. :)

      Delete