Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bronchitis...Yuck!

Bronchitis isn't a fun thing. I've been having this awful cough for over three weeks and I finally forced myself to visit the doctors office to have it checked. I thought for sure allergies or something. Nope, I have bronchitis to my surprise. Extremely random and yucky. Therefore I've been taking it pretty easy on the teaching front. I'm looking forward to doing a little reading from the couch tomorrow. I was given The Book Whisperer at the end of the school year by someone I work with. My colleague told me that Donalyn reminded him of ME! I have done a little reading on her, finding that she believes reading should come from..well, BOOKS. That we should read for enjoyment. All of these stations and cutting and pasting of "word work" can only go so far. Reading is where it's at. It's a life skill. I cannot wait to dive into it tomorrow, I have been putting it off too long. I'll give a little bit of a book synopsis once I'm done, which may be tomorrow..depending on how I'm feeling. :)
I wanted to also say, thank you so much, I have 28 followers now, I'd love to make it to 50...100! I cannot wait. Take care everyone, I look forward to catching up and reading all of your blogs tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Love this book!! I read it last year, and have recommended it to EVERYONE! It's a quick read, but sooo inspiring!

    So sorry you're sick. Nothing's less fair than getting sick during a break!

    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several people have mentioned this book and said it was an amazing book to read. I am definitely putting it on my reading to do list. Thanks for sharing.

    Katrina
    Teacherofscholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete