Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's been a while..

Hello everyone! It has been quite a while. I've been so busy with getting ready for the first day of school. Our first day of school was Monday! It went so well. My team and I have been practicing with students the rotation schedule amongst classes. If you remember from an earlier post, I'm responsible for teaching reading and writing. This week we have done fun, short, writing activities. I'll be taking some pictures today of a fun activity I did this week with my class.
I drew on a large poster paper, puzzle pieces. I then cut them up and placed them in a bag labeled CAYER'S CLASS. We created a wonderful anchor chart together about what the puzzle piece activity is about and what are some ideas of design we could put on our puzzle pieces. This puzzle piece is to represent them! They also did a small writing piece of what is on their puzzle piece and WHY they chose what they did. Some students felt comfortable reading their paper out loud (which I was really proud of considering it was the third day of school!) We then put the puzzle together on another piece of poster board and I pasted with a glue stick the puzzle. I then need to laminate it today at school. The students put together their puzzle in 10 minutes! It was a tough puzzle, I was so impressed with their cooperation and teamwork!! I'll post pictures later today of this project..very fun!! :)
-Happy Thursday Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment